Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MEMORIES HAUNT

The sun was receeding and last embers were filling my corridor with orange hue..he stood there, with the happiest smile on his face, his golden brown hair accentuating the beauty of sunlight. His untucked shirt broke the serenity of the evening in a manner as intriguing as his glance, the way it still rips me apart, shatters my poise, and makes me want to run and touch him, feel his breath, and lose myself in his arms...his laughter, the contempt in his eyes, burns within me...and here i thought i was through this...love has wierd ways, it hurts u when u least expect, yet saves u when you are almost about to lose..

Pain is a powerful master, unconsciously we are seeking pain, and are deeply scared of happiness...We depend on this constant companion, or else why do we enjoy hurting the one whom we love the most...We dont enjoy their suffering, but ours...i often ask myself if it is possible to forgive one self after we are done wounding our own selves...In an attempt to love and then live love and also its destruction, we end up losing a part of us forever...i lost mine, to him, and got a part of him, the fragrance of his hair, his touch, angles of his bones are not just memories, but entwined in my soul like my breath...i dont remember him every second but cant live without those memories...

i often wonder if he still remembers me the way i do...Does he still love me the way i still do...can distances physical or otherwise ever destroy love...Can two people even after giving up on each other give up love...Many of us realise it very late that we just started loving when we just thought it was hatred..gulit brings pleasures , gives us an alibi to deny ourselves what we most want to hold...yet we give it away

No comments:

Post a Comment